LOW SPEED VEHICLES (LSV)
In Bohicket Marina Village, non-residents should be discouraged from renting LSV’s during their stay due to the fact that not all units have adequate parking and/or outlets for charging.
Here are a few of the rules that apply to LSV’s according to SIPOA:
1. LSV’s must be registered and insured pursuant to applicable state motor vehicle laws pertaining to such vehicles, have a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and display appropriate LSV license plates.
2. Each LSV must have a valid SIPOA Entry Device.
3. Only drivers having a valid driver’s license may operate Neighborhood Electric Vehicles on SIPOA roads.
4. Neighborhood Electric Vehicles may not be operated on any bicycle path, walking path or boardwalk or on the beach.
In addition, LSV users must follow the guidelines for parking and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for operation and charging.
* Under no circumstance should extension chords be run across walkways or stairways.
1. Do not charge batteries without adequate ventilation. Hydrogen gas is formed when charging batteries. Failure to provide adequate ventilation while charging batteries can result in an explosion.
2. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for setting the LSV into a charging mode.
3. Always connect the charging cord to the vehicle’s charge receptacle first, and then plug the cord into a wall receptacle.
4. Always disconnect the charging cord from the wall receptacle first, and then disconnect the cord from the vehicle.
5. Three-prong (grounded) charging cords should only be connected to outlets providing a connection for the grounding pin.
6. Do not use an adapter to plug the charger that uses a three-prong plug into a two-prong outlet.
7. Never use a damaged extension cord. Never connect a damaged charger cord.
8. Follow the vehicle manufacturer’s instructions concerning the use of extension cords for charging.